- Kitulgala rafting since in year 2000 and we offer professional guides with detailed attention to customer safety.
- High-level of environmental and responsible travel practices.
- The crystal-clear waters of this river that stumbles through a rocky gorge just above Kitulgala will make for an interesting challenge for rafting amateurs and professionals. The Kelani River offers up some of the most exciting white water rafting sections available in Sri Lanka.
- Rafting through the boulders and rocks creates grade 2 to 3+ rapids. The actual run takes about 1 ½ hours to 3 hours (depending on how much time you want to spend in the water) to complete, with encounters of grade 2 to 3+ rapids, bearing unique names such as Butter Crunch, Killer Falls, Head Chopper and Virgin’s Breast.
- You are able to see the locations used for the Academy Award winning film – Bridge over the River Kwai, filmed in 1956 – which is also a great place to jump in for a refreshing swim. On a clear day, you could even dive in to see the remains of the actual bridge and carriages used for the film.
Possible to add activities such as canyoning, waterfall abseiling (rappel down), rainforest walks, a visit to a prehistoric man’s cave or a rubber plantation.